Running for Charity

I am running to raise money for the Ama Foundation (children home in Nepal). You can refer to my posts to know more or contact me directly via this blog to have more information or a description of the charity I organise.

Please refer to this post for more information.

To donate you can use paypal with the link on the right or contact me for other ways of donating!

Saturday 20 June 2009

Real life

Man... Real life always interferes with training, does it not? Or is just me? This week I will probably be able to put only 3 units of training... Birthday of my daugther, visit of my parents, my wife´s parents, friend from Germany, training at work... damn. I really need to start training early in the morning. I really don't see any other way of keeping to my training plan.

I usually go at lunch running, but sometime work come in the way. I cannot miss some business lunch, so I better start running in the morning damn! In one week I will be off to the Aletsch Half-marathon (nothing for you ultra runners out there :-) ). 21.1 Km with ca. 1000 m of height gain!! It will be fun, I am sure. I hope weather will play along. To reach 3000m of height with snow and wind is not gonna be fun, so let's hope for the best! I will check the weather reports regularly from Monday on. And I will post a race report after the race.

Actually I am thinking about tapering: yes or no? Well since I am training for a marathon I should not. This should be a training run, so no special tapering required, since Friday and Saturday I will not be running anyway. Friday I will travel and Saturday I will be resting for the race. So probably I will try to put at least 4 units of training next week, or 3, have to see. Monday and Tuesday for sure. Thursday too and I have yet to decide for Wednesday.

Will see...

No comments: