Running for Charity

I am running to raise money for the Ama Foundation (children home in Nepal). You can refer to my posts to know more or contact me directly via this blog to have more information or a description of the charity I organise.

Please refer to this post for more information.

To donate you can use paypal with the link on the right or contact me for other ways of donating!

Monday 29 June 2009

First race of the year

Last Saturday I had my first race of the year. Who has followed this blog
knows that I wanted to run in the Aletsch Half Marathon, but the weather forecast was so bad
that me and my wife (she also ran with me) decided to go to a different race.
We ran in the Graubunden Half Marathon (part of the Graubunden Marathon): http://www.graubuenden-marathon.ch/.
The course was of course 21.1 Km long and with 755 m height gain  (all in the first 8 Km). The course is very fast (I needed 2:17 to finish it) due to a couple of pieces that are downhill. There is a bit too asphalt for my taste but the few trail pieces were a lot of fun!
In one you are going downhill, pretty fast, and you end up in a wood where you have to jump
from one side to the other in the mud for a few minutes (scaring walkers on the way)... A LOT OF FUN! The fog added a certain atmosphere to the race too!
 
All in all a very successful race. A lot of fun altough the weather was not sunny. But maybe it was better in this way. A lot of sun would have meant a more difficult and slower race I am sure!
 
Now to the next goal: glacier 3000 run (26 Km and 2000 m height gain).
 
I will post some pictures soon.

No comments: