Running for Charity

I am running to raise money for the Ama Foundation (children home in Nepal). You can refer to my posts to know more or contact me directly via this blog to have more information or a description of the charity I organise.

Please refer to this post for more information.

To donate you can use paypal with the link on the right or contact me for other ways of donating!

Sunday 10 May 2009

Good week of training

Another week is gone. It was a good week of training. 5 times, with a long of 19.5 Km and one of 12 Km. For a total of 48.5 Km (30.1 miles). Normal for many athletes but very good for me!

It was a fun week. To do the long runs, since I had a free afternoon, I decided to run home from work. Two mountains in the middle, one city and ca. 20 Km. It was fun, especially since I lost my way and had to ask directions... Kind of embarassing :-) But the run was good, 2:05 hours with ca. 300m of height gain (ca. 980 feet). Fun fun fun. What I loved more was the small adventure. Get out of somewhere and just run. You have a goal, that is pretty far and you don't know how to get there exactly... It was fantastic. Next week again!

So to recap my last three weeks of training:

Week of 20/4: 41.7 Km (25.9 miles)
Week of 27/4: 30.2 Km (18.7 miles) recovery week
Week of 04/5: 48.5 Km (30.1 miles)

I am happy now.

No comments: