Running for Charity

I am running to raise money for the Ama Foundation (children home in Nepal). You can refer to my posts to know more or contact me directly via this blog to have more information or a description of the charity I organise.

Please refer to this post for more information.

To donate you can use paypal with the link on the right or contact me for other ways of donating!

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Last long run

Ok ok, today I did my last long run. I ran for 31 Km (19.3 miles) in preparation for the Lucerne marathon on the 25.10.2009, so in approximately 2 weeks. It didn't go as I wanted but well...

It was cold and I had ca. 300 m of height gain that I was not prepared to do and that together played on me.

Now the big questions is: to try to do the marathon below 4:00 or aim at 4:15? Next week I will decide.

2 comments:

marco said...

for my experience, it is not that simple to stay below 4:00. I run my first matahon after a half-marathon personal best of 1h38m... and I finished in 4h12m....

I think the important is not to start too fast...otherwise you will meet the famous "wall" too early and it will be not so "enjoyable" to get to the finish line!!! :)))

ciao,
marco

http://granchiodiritto.blogspot.com

Umberto said...

I know you are right... I will probably start at 5:45 min/km or so and continue on that speed. Or maybe simply 6:00 min/km just to finish it still standing ;-)